8.2.10

Geoff McFetridge




"I noticed a difference when I began working on Where the Wild Things Are. For the first time I felt that Spike and I were working on a project where I could actually contribute in a significant way. Much less of what I was making was being thrown away, which was a first. I was given the opportunity to interpret not only Spike Jonze’s interpretation of Where the Wild Things Are, but also Maurice Sendak’s original book.”
Like any kid growing up in the 70’s Geoff was greatly influenced by Mr. Sendak’s books. His books are not just on his bookshelf they became an integral part of his life. What Geoff did with the titles, type treatments and marketing graphics also owes greatly to the heavy creative lifting done by Sonny Gerasimowicz who designed the creatures in the film and the Art Direction of K.K. Barrett.





No comments:

Post a Comment